9 Ways to Celebrate Valentine's Weekend in Greater Lima
Updated: Feb 10
Looking for a getaway or a unique approach to Valentine's Day? Check out some of the excellent choices for the holiday offered in the Greater Lima area:
1) Wine Tasting at Sycamore Lake Wine Co.
Bring your sweet to find a perfect pairing of incredible wine and treats with Sycamore Lake Wine Co.! The winery is open Thursday, Friday and Saturday 12PM-8PM. Sample wines, order a few delicious apps and listen to the smooth sounds of Pegasus on Saturday evening 4-8PM. Want to learn a little more? Visit them at sycamorelakewineco.com
2) Valentine's Weekend at Old City Prime
Celebrate your love this Valentine's Weekend in the Upper Lounge! Enjoy a romantic dinner while grooving to the sounds of live music by local legends Frank Harnishfeger and Chuck Summers. Join Old City Prime in the Upper Lounge at your reservation time and stay as long as you would like! Music will be played from 6:30-9:30pm. Tickets are required and can be purchased online only.
Each ticket is $40 per person and will then be used as a voucher toward your meal. For more information and to make reservations visit www.oldcityprime.com.
3) Valentine's Dinner Specials at area eateries
We have many local dining options to consider when looking for a place to wine and dine your sweetheart. A few favorites have put together a special V-Day Weekend Special you won't want to miss. Highlights here include: Casa Lu Al Restaurant, The Met, Old Barn Restaurant and Grill and Milano Cafe. Be sure to check out the entire list at : www.visitgreaterlima.com/food
4) Take in a movie at Shannon Theater in Bluffton
Take it old school and visit The Shannon Theatre; a single screen theatre where all 2D matinee seats are only $3, 2D evening seats are only $4, and all 3D seats are only $6! Show times are EVERY evening at 7:00 & 9:30 PM, as well as matinees on Saturday & Sunday at 1:30 & 4:00 PM. This weekend's feature: The Marksman starring Liam Neeson. Did we mention Shirley's Gourmet Popcorn is open and serving during showtimes? For more information and to reserve your tickets visit www.shannontheatre.com
5) WOOD You be my Valentine with The Axe Cave in Delphos Do something different this year as you celebrate Valentine's Day. Grab your sweetie for a special Axe Cave event, exclusively for couples! The evening will include axe throwing, food, games, and prizes. Cost is $99 per couple, and must be reserved in advance.
There will be several games set up in a couples style competition for some added fun. Participation in these games will earn you tickets to win prizes. The Axe Cave is a BYOB facility, so bring your favorite drinks and celebrate your love axe-style! For more information and to reserve your space visit www.axecave.com
6) #BuyLocal Valentines Gift Giving
If you're looking for a gift for that special someone, consider custom floral arrangement from one of our local floral boutiques; Roots by Stratton, Robert Brown's Flower Shoppe, The Flowerloft and many others. A beauty service from Beauty by Jill, FreshnFaded/Blush Beauty Co., Bare Skin Beauty Bar or several others. Or choose a cute outfit, accessory or gorgeous piece of jewelry from one of our local boutiques such as My Chic Boutique, Victorian Rose Boutique or Don Jenkins Jeweler!
7) Take in the Arts with ArtSpace/Lima The 33rd annual Kewpee High School Invitational Art Exhibit is set to open this Saturday and is a perfect outing for you and your loved ones. The artwork has been categorized into 9 groups including ceramics, photography, jewelry, and mixed media, among others and showcases the incredible talent of our local artists. The exhibit is open Tuesday through Friday from 10AM-5PM and Saturday from 10AM-4PM February 13-27, 2021. Admission is free. ArtSpace/Lima is located at 65 Town Square in Downtown Lima. In addition they'll be handing out their famous to-go art bags on Saturday, February 13 at 12PM in Cherry Alley! They have teamed up with Johnny Appleseed Metropolitan Park District for the “LOVE” of nature. The bags will contain a heart-shaped cookie cutter and all the makings of a Valentine’s birdfeeder. Each kit will also have a bird identification sheet as well. To learn more visit www.artspacelima.com
8) Cupid's Kiss and Romantic Stay at Howard Johnson Hotel
Still looking for plans for you and your special someone on Valentine’s Day? Reserve a room at Howard Johnson Lima for a perfect romantic getaway that isn't too far from home! Have dinner in the Lounge on Friday or Saturday and try their featured cocktail: Cupid’s Kiss Martini! Call today to reserve your room at 419-222-0004 or visit www.hojolima.com